Public Science Framework shall not accept or publish manuscripts in its journal without prior peer review. There shall be a review process of manuscripts by one or more independent referees who are conversant in the pertinent subject area. The procedures guiding the selection of articles for publication in Public Science Framework require that no manuscript be accepted until it has been reviewed by at least one reviewer. The decision of the editor to publish the manuscript is influenced considerably by the judgments of these referees, who are experts in their respective fields.
1. The assistant to the editor checks the submission for adherence to Public Science Framework guidelines and forwards it to the Editor.
2. The Editor identifies desk rejects (typically 20%) and sends this decision to the authors. For other manuscripts, the Editor chooses 2–3 reviewers.
3. The reviewers are contacted and asked to evaluate the submission within four weeks. Additional reviewers are solicited as needed with the goal of at least two completed reviews.
4. The completed reviews and manuscript are forwarded to the editorial assistant, who summarizes the reviews, evaluates the paper, and provides guidance to the authors.
5. The input of the review team is sent to the Editor, who drafts and sends a decision based on this input.
Authors should strive for maximum clarity of expression, bearing in mind that the purpose of publication is the disclosure of technical knowledge and that an excessively complex or poorly written presentation can only obscure the significance of the work presented. Material which is not essential to the continuity of the text (e.g., proofs, derivations, or calculations) be placed in Appendices
The editor evaluates the recommendation and notifies the author of the manuscript status. The manuscript may be:
Accepted for publication with no change
Accepted for publication with minor changes, with no re-review necessary
Accepted for publication after substantial revision and additional review
The comments of the anonymous reviewers will be forwarded to the authors, and when the authors are ready to submit their revised manuscript, read the comments of the editors and reviewers, and respond to them by telling what modifications they have made in their manuscript or why they have not made the suggested changes.
The review process shall ensure that all authors have equal opportunity for publication of their papers. Acceptance and scheduling of publication of papers in these periodicals shall not be impeded by added criteria and procedures beyond those contained in the review process.
The editorial board is highly committed to the quick review process of the paper, but not with the sacrifice of the right judgment of a paper. The review process takes around two weeks.
Material which has been previously copyrighted, published, or accepted for publication will not be considered for publication in Public Science Framework.